Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
Interim or permanent Head of School
Immediate opportunity for interim or permanent Head of School at the Montessori School of Rochester.
The Montessori School of Rochester (MSR) is a privately funded, not-for profit school for children aged six weeks to sixth grade. Classes are guided by certified Montessori Directresses and run with the aid of at least one Assistant. The school is governed by the Board of Trustees which is comprised of current MSR parents, former MSR parents, respected community members, the Head Directress and the Head of School. The Board of Trustees is responsible for the fiscal well-being, for the philosophy and objectives of the institution (and their constant review for pertinence), and the effective implementation of MSR policies.
The Head of School will determine the methods for carrying out Board policies, creating operational standards, overseeing business operations, developing and evaluating student programs and services, providing administrative and professional leadership for faculty and staff, orchestrating external relations and have responsibility for day-to-day operations.
• Masters Degree or equivalent, with knowledge of Montessori education.
• A minimum of five years experience in an educational setting with demonstrated leadership qualities
• Potential to develop and fundraise for a school’s needs
• Loves working with children of all ages and backgrounds
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication; including presentation skills
• Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Self-motivated and committed to fostering personal growth
• Ability to work with and motivate diverse groups of people
• Sound judgment, professionalism and positive attitude
• Resourcefulness, creativity and strong problem-solving skills